LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I will turn 66years old on Sept 16,2015, Will still get my

Customer Question

I will turn 66years old on Sept 16,2015, Will still get my SSD
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Social Security Disability payment are automatically converted to retirement benefits as of the month that you turn full retirement age.
The amount of the benefit you receive should be virtually the same for your retirement as it is for your SSDI. There are occasionally minor differences, especially if you continued to work part time while receiving SSDI.
You do not need to take any action to effect the switchover, it is done automatically at social security.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug