Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have a widows survivor meeting with social security on

Customer Question

I have a widows survivor meeting with social security on 9-10-15. They asked me to bring certain paper work with me regarding my deceased husbands social security earnings, birth certificate, death certificate. I have his birth & death copies but I need to find out what paperwork you can get me for that meeting. Deborah Armijo, ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Deborah, we can not invade your or your husband's private SS info. However, although they asked you for his 'earnings' statement, they know that it is illegal for your to access his ssa.gov/myaccount passworded account OR to falsely create one pretending to be him. There is NO requirement that you produce his SS earnings, so it is not clear to me why the worker suggested that. You DO need your own Birth Certificate, Photo ID, marriage certificate and his death certificate - but no earnings statement. Presumably, you do have these documents, yes? So just bring them and let them know that you do not have his SS earning info, and that is what THEY have, (the SSA).

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!