LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My husband 64, and I 70, are both on social

Customer Question

my husband 64, and I 70, are both on social security,starting out on disability,until we were old enough to get retirement benefits. my husband has an appointment at froedardt hospital, diabetis dept in Milwaukee. we live in Kenosha and are not able to get there on our own. is there a transportation benefit through social security? do we have access to an advisor or caseworker to help us find out what benefits other than paying doctor bills we have? how would we contact this person?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Unfortunately, social security does not provide any kind of benefit resembling either transportation related to medical services paid under Medicare, nor does social security provide any counselors, caseworkers or advocates for recipients of social security benefits.
Any subsidized transportation for medical treatment of elderly/disabled patients would be in the form of a program funded and operated on a state, county or local city level and would not be accessible through social security administration or its field offices.
Here is a link to transportation services in Kenosha that you might be able to get help from.
Most of them do charge a fee though. http://www.co.kenosha.wi.us/index.aspx?NID=1087
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug