ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

My granddaughter (27) is disabled. She has multiple

Customer Question

My granddaughter (27) is disabled. She has multiple conditions (Chiari Syndrome, Hydrocephalis, Spinal Fluid Issues) SS Disability procured a medical document from someone who had NEVER seen her and determined she was not disabled. They have no idea what they are talking about. She filed an appeal the day after receiving the letter and requested a hearing. However, instead of continuing her benefits until the hearing, they discontinued her aid, including medical benefits. She has been without any medications for about a month and she is suffering. The SSA has admitted they made a mistake and are "trying" to fix it but can never tell her when. She received a notice from her landlord today she has to move because she can't pay August's rent. She goes to the SSA office in Victorville a couple times per week trying to get them to fix their mistake. One medical emergency and her life is in jeopardy. I want to know what she can do. She just wants her disability benefits back the way they were. She and her son were surviving ok then.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.

The simplest solution is to speak to a regional manager o contact your congressman. THAT will speed things up. I'll offer you a call to discuss this. All you need do is accept. If not we can chat here but a call is faster and better.