dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My husband passed away after a 30 year marriage. his ex wife

Customer Question

my husband passed away after a 30 year marriage. his ex wife has recently died. will I be able to now collect the other half of his social security which I have previously shared with her?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Are you presently receiving a spouse retirement benefit?
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug