ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

How old do you have to be to receive a tax deferment to sell

Customer Question

How old do you have to be to receive a tax deferment to sell your house 62 or 65?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. You posted a question in the Social Security category asking about a tax deferment when you sell a property. Can you please explain what you are referring to? What tax deferment? What is the tax for?
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AT WHAT AGE DO I HAVE TO BE TO SELL MY HOUSE AND NOT PAY TAXES OR CLAIM TAXES?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.
After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter private contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CANCEL PHONE CALL
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.
Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.
I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.
Doug
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
At present there is no age for "deferment" if this is a primary residence. Gains of 250,000 are not taxable if you are single and 500,000 if you are married. As the laws have changed you can do this every two years if the property you are selling has been your residence for at least two of the last five years. I will also offer you a telephone discussion.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but the system has an issue and wont let me offer the call. If you would like to speak on the telephone let me know and I can call you. I would ask that you rate my response and then let me know if you would like a call.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.