Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

My Mother in law XXXXX XXXX , SS# ***** XX XXX died on June 8, 2015. Her benefits were being sent to Northpointe Assisted Living Center as part of her monthly upkeep. I need to verify that you have been notified and benefits have been stopped. I have a copy of her death certificate if you need it. Please send a response to***@******.*** you are able. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ms. Spencer..You have reached JustAnswer.com, a website that matches users with certified experrt users to answer questions about finance, tax, social security, etc..But we are NOT and don't represent the Social Security administration..However, I can help - by showing how to get this done.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
If you need to report a death, contact your local Social Security office or call 1-***-***-**** ( TTY 1-***-***-****). You can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 AM and 7 PM Monday through Friday..Also, you should nothe that, in most cases, the funeral home will report the person's death to Social Security..PLeasae let me know if you hav questions at all....Lane.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
One other thought ... if you give the funeral director her social security number, and ask that he/she (the funderal director) report this to social security, this is another way to ensure that this gets done..This is a normal activity for funderal directors..I hope this has helped..If this HAS helped, your positive rating … (by clicking or touching the stars or smileys on your screen) … would be appreciated … That’s how we’re credited for the work here.Thank You,Lane
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi,.Just checking to see how everything is going....DId my answer help?.Let me know ....Lane.