Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am 66 and just started receiving my ss retirement benefits. Concurrently,

Customer Question

I am 66 and just started receiving my ss retirement benefits.
Concurrently, I finally received notice from VA that they increased me to 100% compensation for service connected disability including u employability.
Am I eligible to reapply at SS for disability rather than the regular retirement ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no, SSDIB only applies to those not yet of retirement age (full). Even if you had applied for SSDIB earlier, say in early 60s - the amount you get now would not be different, because SSDIB is the full amount, and then at full retirement age SSDIB converts in name to SS retirement.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!