LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I have been on disability years, when will I get reviewed

Customer Question

I have been on disability for 3 years, when will I get reviewed and how many hour may I work.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
How often you will be reviewed (have a continuing disability re-evaluation [CDR]) depends on the diagnosis that was given resulting in you getting your disability rating and benefits.
The review is generally every 3 years unless you are either over 55 or you have a condition that is unlikely to get better, in which case the CDR is every 7 years.
As for the income that you are allowed to earn while you are on SSDI, let me explain how that works.
Social Security has what is called a trial work period. It is a period of 9 separate months where you may earn as much as you want. In 2015, any months you earn less than $780 gross wages in do not count. After you have had a total of 9 months where you earned more than $780 gross, you will be able to work and continue to receive benefits so long as you do not earn more than $1,090 per month.
Here is a link to a social security site which explains this in greater detail: http://www.ssa.gov/redbook/eng/ssdi-only-employment-supports.htm
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug