LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I live in Colorado and hold Canadian and U.S.(naturalized 2000).

Customer Question

I live in Colorado and hold Canadian and U.S.(naturalized 2000). I have lost my card . Hoe and where do I go to replace it?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Are you saying that you have lost your social security card?
Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
If you are extremely concerned about your risk of identity theft, then you might consider taking a one year subscription to one of the credit watchdog companies that will immediately notify you if someone else uses your identity to try to take a loan or get credit from somewhere. The cost is about $100 per year for the watchdog service.
Here is a link from which you can get the application to order your replacement card:
http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/
Alternatively, you may go into your local social security office and fill out the same form. Either way, you will get your new card on average 7 to 10 days after you submit the application for the replacement card.
I hope you found my answer informative.
I wish you the best in 2012.
Doug