dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Social Security QuestionPerson A is planning on collecting

Customer Question

Social Security Question
Person A is planning on collecting Social Security when turning 62 and would like to know some the basic rules. I read between the Age of 62 through 66; person A can earn up to $15,720 limit without Social Security being affected.
What income is counted: The Social Security Administration only counts earnings from work, such as wages, salary or self-employment income to determine if your benefits will be reduced. Earning is defined by: Wage you make from your job or your net earnings if you’re self-employed. This includes bonuses, commissions and vacation pay.
Not included as earnings: Pension, Annuities, investment income, Interest, Capital Gain Veterans or other government or military retirement benefits.
QUESTIONS:
1. Than Awards, Gambling Winnings, Lottery Winning, Gifts, insurance claims, court awards, and Other Prizes is not define as earning/income for reducing Social Security between the Age of 62 through 6, because it is not a result of Earnings from Work. Is the statement correct?
2. The Social Security Administration uses the Strict interpretation of this statement: Only earnings from WORK can reduce your Social Security Benefits between the age of 62 and 66 if you pass the limit of $15,720?...meaning the STRICT INTERPRETATION OF WORK
3. It appears there are no Exceptions for the STRICT INTERPRETATION OF WORK….
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. PDtax here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was waiting for Roger....

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
then I will opt out.