PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

I just got married in May. My honey and I have been together

Customer Question

I just got married in May. My honey and I have been together for 20 yrs. Which name do I have to use , the following which I kept Marilyn J porter and add surname Biadasz or can I continue to use Marlyn J Porter only I prefer to continue using Marilyn J Porter cause at my age 79 it is much easier for me. I also have my own medical acct which I am keeping and pay for and my husband has his own and different than mine and he pays for. would like to solve this as soon as possible thank you Marilyn Joan Porter###-##-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
There is no requirement that you change your name on your Social Security Card or for any other reason. If you want to retain your last name of Por*** then you certainly can. You will also be eligible to claim a spousal benefit if the math favors you after you are married twelve months. You need not change your name to inquire or file for that benefit. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer