LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

At the age of 67 can I collect ss and still work?

Customer Question

at the age of 67 can I collect ss and still work?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
At the present time, so long as you are over age 66, you may take your social security retirement benefit and continue to work and earn as much as you like, and there is no penalty for the income that you earn working.
The penalty only applies if you are under full retirement age when you are working and receiving retirement benefits from social security.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug