LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My Social Security number is###-##-####and I receive my benefits

Customer Question

My Social Security number is###-##-####and I receive my benefits on the 4th Sat of each month. I called my bank and I gave my name Robert Russo and my checking acctr. number. but they have no record of a pending deposit. s anything wrong
Robert Russo
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Robert,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. While it seems odd that you would receive your benefit deposit on a Saturday, as they are paid by Social Security on a Wednesday. However, this month we have not had the 4th Saturday of the month yet, or the 4th Wednesday for that matter. So it may simply be that your deposit is not scheduled until tomorrow---the 4th Wednesday of the month. Social security deposits benefit checks on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesday of each month for all recipients who have retired in about the past decade. A direct deposit should never take 3 days to hit your account. If it is, then your bank is to blame. Here is how social security determines when to deposit your benefit payment: Date of birthBenefits paid each month on1st - 10thSecond Wednesday11th - 20thThird Wednesday21st - 31stFourth Wednesday While it is rare for a person’s automatic deposit not to be deposited on the day that it is scheduled, it does occasionally happen.If it is not at least pending---to be credited this evening, because you receive your benefit through automatic deposit, there is something else you can do.As you normally receive your check by direct deposit, you may report a non-receipt of payment immediately by calling 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Social Security will check their records and get the situation straightened out for you. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.I wish you and yours the best in 2015,Doug