Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions, experienced business attorney.
18572087

I have sole legal and phyicalcoustdy of two great grand childern.

Customer Question

i have sole legal and phyicalcoustdy of two great grand childern. their mother has applied for ssi.if she is aproved will her childern receve anything
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. The children are not automatically entitled to receive a portion of benefits. You, however, as their caretaker and guardian can go to court and file for a modification of support, and ask that the courts recalculate the mother's financial situation and then increase the child support that she is paying for the children (if she is paying anything). Then on that basis you would be able to receive benefits that you would be able to utilize for the benefit of the children. Sincerely, ***** *****