LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

If I am receiving s.s. as single, and get married, will my

Customer Question

If I am receiving s.s. as single, and get married, will my spouse receive s.s. when I die?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. So long as you are married for at least 9 months before your death, your spouse will be entitled to a survivor benefit of you predecease them. The amount of the survivor benefit will be the amount of benefit you are receiving at the time of your passing. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.I wish you and yours the best in 2015,Doug