PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

My wife is (retired when 62) her social security take home

Customer Question

my wife is 69 (retired when 62) her social security take home is 862.00 minus $104 for Medicare; I am 65 and am still working full time...based on what I know I am looking at 1,300 when I retire after 66, maybe later
I have heard that it is possible for my wife to get half ( or partial) of my benefits and it will not cause me any issues when I retire...looking for an answer
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi from just answer.Customerhere.The idea works, but the benefit is not paid in addition to her benefit, but instead of her benefit.If eligible, her benefit would be half of yours, but that's less than what her own benefit is.You're better off with her claiming as she is. Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer