dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have SSDI and Veterans Benefits. I was recently visited

Customer Question

I have SSDI and Veterans Benefits. I was recently visited by the Veteran's Fiduciary Hub.
Now I have aletter from them that indicates I owe them$751.00. I don't understand this, but in the past when this happened, my SSDI was adjusted to make up the difference of my meager income. Will this happen again. I can not make my monthly bills and living expenses without it. Could you advise me. My name is Susan ***** *****ett. My deceased husband's name was Scott Clinton Hallett. His ss# *****###-##-#### My ss# *****###-##-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 1 year ago.
The Fiduciary Hub was established to investigate cases where there may be a concern that the VA recipient is unable to manage her own financial affairs. Likewise, they do assess a charge for their services. To avoid this from happening again, please contact whomever is your VA contact for social services to flag your file. I would also contact any VA related service organization who can assist you to have the charge removed at no cost to you.