dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My husband turns 65 years old on November 2015. He is not

Customer Question

My husband turns 65 years old on November 2015. He is not collecting social
security pension yet. How will he billed for the medicare premium. Does he have
to enroll in his company's supplemental medical insurance?
Thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Does your husband's employer presently provide health coverage?
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if i dont like the phone conversation respond will i be billed the balance
of $27. eventhough i didnt get an answer?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,
I plan to answer your questions on the phone. I wouldn't offer the conversation if I were not versed in social security law and familiar with how Medicare works. But yes, if you accept the call, you are billed for the phone call and question.
If you need assistance navigating the system, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####
Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on Medicare so how hard it is to answer my question that i need to talk
with you over the phone.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,
I thought you were asking about your husband's situation? The fact that you may be on Medicare doesn't effect your husband's situation.
You also asked about work coverage (supplemental) and failed to provide much information about insurance available at work. Its entirely possible that your husband can apply for Part A and defer Part B until he retires from employment. Therefore a call would certainly seem to be more beneficial than me asking you questions for the next 30 minutes.
Lets start the process though, if you want.