LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I Cuthbert Ettienne applied age pension in trinidad,

Customer Question

Hi, I Cuthbert Ettienne applied for old age pension in trinidad, and because I have a social security card, I need proof to show them that I am not receiving any benefits from America, in order to receive my pension. How do I go about doing that
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Cuthbert,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
You will need to get a copy of your social security statement which will show that you are not being paid any social security retirement benefits at the present time.
You will need to contact the US Consulate in your country and they work in conjunction with eh US social security administration and they can get you the documentation that you need to show that you are not receiving social security benefits.
Here is the contact information for Trinidad and Tobago:
Trinidad & Tobago
Federal Benefits Unit
Cesar Nicolas Penson
corner to Maximo Gomez
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Phone:(###) ###-####
Fax:(###) ###-####
Email:***@******.***
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug