Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I had my billfold taken and I was wondering how I can get a

Customer Question

I had my billfold taken and I was wondering how I can get a replacement social security card?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
No problem, you will need to fill out an SSA request form and submit it to the SSA along with several documents to prove ID etc. It is called the SS-5. You won't get the replacement card same day, however, as it is created out of a different facility for security sake.
If you need help with filling it out (and/or a copy of the form or directions), I will ask that an 'additional services' option be provided you, in case you need it.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!