Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am 63 I am a commercial driver, I now have a medical condition

Customer Question

I am 63 I am a commercial driver, I now have a medical condition that prohibits me from driving. Am I eligibly for permanent disability. A block artery in my neck is my problem.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
With regard to your post:
"I am 63 I am a commercial driver, I now have a medical condition that prohibits me from driving. Am I eligibly for permanent disability. A block artery in my neck is my problem. ------ If your medical condition prevents you from working full time in any occupation that exists in significant numbers in the economy (not just your trucking job), then yes, if you can prove that through medical evidence (the limitations of such), then you can be found eligible for Social Security Disability.
Generally, we look at ALL medical impairments, even those that are not as scary as a blocked artery, but can have some limiting effects, and we connect all the provable limitations to how they prevent certain job related tasks laid out in the SSA laws - and if those limitations result in a carving out of ALL occupations (can't be done on a full time ongoing basis), then you can be found disabled.
If you want to review this more indepth, or have your case looked at specifically, I will ask for an additional services option be provided you so you can connect with me privately, should you choose to. I am more than happy to help.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!