dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My first year with SS was the middle of last hear and I got

Customer Question

My first year with SS was the middle of last hear and I got a letter I overpaid by $6,000+. I was involved with my son who had 2 open heart surgeries and also got Merca while in the hospital which made him go blind , lesions on the brain and totally disabled at 37 years old. He was hit by a semi truck head on. I did not attend to my business as he was in critical care for over a total of 6 months and then another 6 weeks at a rehab center. I was attending the hospital around the clock and helping with income for his family as they have 2 teenagers. I miss understood the first year as being kind of a trial.
I am not going over this year as I have been watching it closely. I have not had a paycheck from my employer for approximately 3 months and live on only my SS.
I will pay back it if necessary but I will have no income at all if you take the total amount from me each month. Can I get $400 deducted and make my rent, food, medical health payments and pay for my diabetes medicene. I am on 7 pills a day and insulin 2 x daily.
I am sorry for this mishap on my part and can assure you it will not happen again. Please just take a portion of my money each month as I have to have my medicene or I cannot survive. Thank you for your time. Please see if you can get a deduction this month and I can have the rest to live on. Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.
Maurine Holland ###-##-####*****B-8
Anchorage, Ak. 99515
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What benefit were you receiving? Social Security Disability, retirement or survivor benefits?
2. What caused the overpayment?
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Doug