dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My father recently passed away on 5/29/15. Before he passed

Customer Question

My father recently passed away on 5/29/15. Before he passed away he was married to a Canadian citizen for 8 years. He was divorced on 3/17/10. We know she has collected SS benefits after the divorce and believe she is still collecting. My father before his death was very concerned of the legality of this and I would like to know if this is legal. I have all her information and her current address which is in Cananda and will provide such information.
I have talked to a representative of SS here in Texas and she told me to call the fraud division hence this note
Thank you
***** *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
Are you trying to find out how to contact the fraud division? Is that your question?
Also, what misrepresentations do you believe she asserted to the SSA (with false documentary support) that allowed her to fraudulently claim SS benefits?
I have to run out briefly on a small but urgent matter. I will check back with you later when I return, OK?