Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Trying to locate my father.I have two different first

Customer Question

trying to locate my father.
I have two different first names, but the same ss #XXXXXXXX
the names I have are;
***** *****ph Sullivan
joseph j Sullivan
which is correct ? maybe both ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
You will likely want to go to vital statistics in the state where your father was born, and ask for a copy of the Birth Certificate. You can also run internet people searches under both names. If you have his date of birth that is helpful as well. Those are the cheaper ways of starting a search. If you have more funds, you can hire a PI who specializes in people searches and has far more tools at his disposal for doing so.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have searched for 2 days to come up with the info I gave you; I expected you to answer the one remaining
question, which is , what name goes with ss ####-##-####?
OK, I think perhaps you are under the notion that I am an SSA employee or work for a people locator company. No, I am a social security lawyer, so no, I would not have access to your father's private financial and SS information, unfortunately. That is why when need to locate an individual, we use skip trace companies and investigators - not lawyers, but those trained and paid to actually locate people. And, as noted below, if you can give him a little more info than you have, such as birth certificate information, it may get you farther, faster, and less expensively. I appreciate your optimism though! Keep it up, follow guidance, and you should likely have your answer after some further diligence and or investment in locator tools/professionals.
I will opt out in the even we have a people search expert in house who can assist you. Good luck.