Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My date of birth is 09/03/53. I want to start early SS benefits.

Customer Question

My date of birth is 09/03/53. I want to start early SS benefits. When should I apply?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
If you are willing to accept the 30% permanent reduction to your benefit, you can file for it now. You can go here:http://www.ssa.gov/retire/ Note that you will be limited in how much you can earn until you are of full retirement age, else owe your SS benefits back to the SSA.I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "ToStephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answerit. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online legal resource!