Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I'm currently residing in NJ & am on SSI. HOW DO I MOVE BACK

Customer Question

I'm currently residing in NJ & am on SSI. HOW DO I MOVE BACK TO NY? WHAT'S THE CORRECT PROCESS?
CAROL RABEAU
357 W. PLEASENTVIEW AVE APT # *****
HACKENSACK NJ, 07601.
I HAVE SEVERAL MEDICAL SPECIALISTS. MY PAIN MANGMANAGEMENT IS THE HARDEST TO DEAL WITH. I CAN FIND TEMPERATURE SHELTER. IN THE NASSAU COUNTY AREA OF LI. CAN YOU PLEASE ASSIST ME?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I follow through now with the extremely low payment due, I'll be overdrawn inot my checking account this month. Can I please put this off ? & resign when I know I'm better prepared? Please, don't get me wrong. I have to move to Ny, asap. But watch this rediculas budget.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Carol, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
You CAN move to NY asap. But you must report it immediately to the SSA. Your SSI will stay the same. Hopefully you have it deposited into a bank with a debit card, so you can still access your money with ease, OR, you have your money deposited on the SSA debit card. But if not, let me know if you need information on how to change direct deposit.
Note that when you move to NY, you will be eligible to apply for any NY welfare benefits, but will no longer have NJ welfare benefits available.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!