SSA.Help4u.168
SSA.Help4u.168, Accountant
Experience:  Tax Accountant
58285678

I am currently on county probation as of March 30th, 2015.

Customer Question

I am currently on county probation as of March 30th, 2015. last year I applied for SSI benefits due to disability that prohibit me from working. I recently was approved for benefit.
will I now be denied? The probation is for a second conviction of driving while impaired.
There was no jail time and completed all conditions of sentence and no treatment is needed after full evaluation from O.A.S.A.S. evaluator. the offense occurred in Suffolk Co. and has been accepted by Nassau Co. probation. as you can imagine, I am extremely nervous because although I know it is a federal crime or New York crime[but a county
crime], will I be automatically be denied after I was approved? Thank you very much.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  SSA.Help4u.168 replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for contacting us today. My goal is to provide efficient assistance to you and hopefully a peace of mind as well.
Based on the following information, as long as a person is not confined in jail, prison, or a half-way house, their benefits should not be affected by a conviction.
You can refer to the following blog for more detailed information regarding this matter.
http://www.disabilityadvisor.com/jail-and-social-security-disability-payments/
Let me know if you require further assistance with this matter.