Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Three weeks ago I received a check .90, which is the

Customer Question

Three weeks ago I received a check for 104.90, which is the cost for my medicare. There was no cover letter explaining why the check was being sent to me. I cashed the check, but was still uncomfortable about the transaction. I recently contacted "medicare" and they couldn't help me. I also checked my records and the records show that I have not been billed for the month of April-May and June. I always keep track of my billings, but old age is catching up with me too fast and some things are overlooked too easily. Can you be of help?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response:You need to contact "Medicare" again and this time ask to speak with a Supervisor. Medicare should be able to tell you why the check was sent. If you are still not getting any cooperation from Medicare, you need to go to your local Social Security Administration office so that they can look up the information for you. You also need to ask why you have not received your Medicare premium bill for April, May, and June. If there is a mistake in the system, you would eventually be billed for these months. You rather make sure that this oversight is straightened out right now.