PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

When do we recieve my son's social security card? His name

Customer Question

When do we recieve my son's social security card? His name is*****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist. The processing time varies by state, but you should expect your card within five weeks or less. From SSA.gov: "How long does it take to get my baby's Social Security card that I applied for in the hospital?Each state or jurisdiction has different processing times. See the chart below to find out how long your state takes to process the card application. If you waited the indicated length of time and still have not received your child's Social Security card, visit your local Social Security office. You also can call us at 1-***-***-****(TTY 1-***-***-****) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you live outside the United States, refer to Service Around the World." https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3747/How-long-does-it-take-to-get-my-baby-s-Social-Security-card-that-I-applied-for-in-the-hospital is the link to the SSA web page that addresses the issue. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer