ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I have collected SSDI 13 years and have completed

Customer Question

I have collected SSDI for about 13 years and have completed the TWP. I have worked most of those years and stayed under the SGA except for a sporadic two or three months.
I got a letter this week from SSA stating they stopped my benefits as of 11/2013 but I am still receiving benefits. They want a monthly breakdown of earnings and I am trying to get info together. I know I went over SGA for 08/13 and10/13 by a hundred or so dollars. Will I have to pay all this money back and will it be stopped as I am still disabled and still working under SGA levels. My full retirement age will be 03/2016. Please help and thanks.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I have been helping clients with SS issues for decades. many times providing advice that reversed what they had been told by SS.
It depends on hoe much over the limit you went. Send them the info. You MAY have to pay back that extra money.
I think this was an honest mistake and in 2/3 months out of 13 years it should be no big deal.
I'll offer you call to discuss in greater detail. You can accept the offer (5) of we can text back in forth.
If my answer is sufficient I'll let you rate me. Thanks.