dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have been unsuccessful in creating an account online. A representative

Customer Question

I have been unsuccessful in creating an account online. A representative was not helpful at all and quite rude. All I want to do is create an account and I get a message saying they cannot verify the information I provided. I have a new address and haven't worked since living here. I put my old address in then I got locked out and suspended for 24 hours. This is quite frustrating.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
I understand that you are not allowed to have an online account given the information you are providing to SSA, as it is apparently conflicting with identifying information the SSA has to identify you. This is generally because the SSA wants to ensure that the person trying to 'invade' your personal SS information is actually you, and not another. That said, is there a question I can help you with?