Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

How are you?

Customer Question

hi,how are you?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
"hi, as far as I know exists a agreement between the us-ssrn-system and the german retirement service. I never got any statements telling me the whole story. Would you please tell me more about this?"
------- Yes! An agreement, effective December 1, 1979, was made between the United States and Germany which improves Social Security protection for people who work or have worked in both countries. It helps many people who, without the agreement, would not be eligible for monthly retirement, disability or survivors benefits under the Social Security system of one or both countries. It also helps people who would otherwise have to pay Social Security taxes to both countries on the same earnings. You can read all about this agreement here: http://www.ssa.gov/international/Agreement_Pamphlets/germany.html
" 2. I got my socialsecurity statements by maik until about 3 years ago. could we continue to do this? thank you ----- The SSA no longer mails them out, generally speaking, in an effort to save on budget expenses. Rather, most people can go to ssa.gov/myaccount to access their annual earnings statements. If that is not working for you, you will want to contact your local SSA office of either consulate or embassy that acts as your SSA contact when abroad.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!