ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

Can I collect my deceased husbands ss if my remarried husband

Customer Question

Can I collect my deceased husbands ss if my remarried husband doesn't get ss because he had worked for government P.O. I was married for 20 yrs before he passed. I remarried 14 yrs ago and my current husband is age 69 and I will be 60 in a few months. He has a pension no ss. I've worked most of my life but my deceased husband made alot more while we were married. How do I know what his ss amount would be?. Could I collect under the deceased if my current husband doesn't get ss or would we have to be divorced?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
If you remarried prior to age 60 then the answer is no.
I'll offer you a call please stay online with me so we can resolve this now.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I just sent you an offer for a telephone discussion. JA normal fee is 18 but mine is a flat 5 and we talk as long as necessary.
If you would like to speak, please accept the offer.
If not we can text back and forth.
When was the first marriage? That marriage divorce date?
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
There is no rush and I will be here waiting for your answers so I can give you the exact answer to your unique situation.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I am still here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please discontinue . I'll pay the $5.00. I really can't afford this. Thanks!
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
please accept the offer. Then we can talk and you will have you answer in 5 minutes. I promise. I am trying to help make sure you get the benefits you are entitled to.
Please just accept my offer.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please rate me with an OK (at least). It costs you nothing extra and that is how I get paid.