LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How do i have taxes taken out of my ss

Customer Question

how do i have taxes taken out of my ss
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
In order to set up withholding from your social security benefit payment, you can simply fill out a form and send it in to social security. You will need to determine whether you want them to withhold either 7%, 10%, 15% or 25% from your benefit payment.
You can find the form---Voluntary Withholding Request---- here:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf
Or you may call 1-***-***-**** and request the form. Or, you may go to your local Social Security office and do it there as well.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015.
Doug