ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

My husband is retiring the last of August 2015. He will have

Customer Question

My husband is retiring the last of August 2015. He will have exceeded the $15,000 allowable amount earned prior to August. Will those earnings count or will the start date for allowable earnings begin at the time of retirement?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
Congratulations!!!
Please stay online with me until we are completely done.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
UNFORTUNATEY those earnings count as 2015 income.
Oops. LOL. I forgot to ask if you wanted a telephone call or to text back in forth.
JA normally charges 18 for a call but I charge just 5 (the minimum allowed. We can speak for as long as necessary for the flat 5 fee until you are happy.
He may be shooting himself in the foot by taking benefits this year UNLESS he is at least at FRA (Full Retirement Age). Then it does not matter.
How old is he?
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
There is no rush. I will wait to hear about your choice of venue for communicating and the answer to the question.
I want you to receive the royal treatment!!
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Oops. You went offline before we were done.
Please rate my answer.
If you do not require further assistance PLEASE rate this answer so I can be freed to help another person.
If you have other questions please ask now or later and I'll be happy to respond. I’ll be notified (even if I leave).
Even after you rate my response we can continue to chat here at no extra cost to you.
As I strive for quality vs. quantity, I find I can only handle a limited number of questions at a single time.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please rate my response in order that I can close this question out.
It will cost you nothing extra to do so and will help me greatly.
Thank you so very much in advance.