ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

My son is 40 years old and was diagnosed with -POLAR/SCHIZAPHRENIA

Customer Question

My son is 40 years old and was diagnosed with BI-POLAR/SCHIZAPHRENIA at age 22 years old. He has never had a job for more than 2 weeks and has not worked since he was 22 years old. He has been receiving SSI since 22 yrs old. His SSI was 850.00 per month for the past 3 years before that it was $675.00. He lives in a small house that I bought for him to live. He has been paying me rent of $500.00 per month plus $100.00 per month towards gas & electric bills. Social Security has just reduced his payments to $650.00 and is claiming that they overpaid him for the last 3 years. They have reduced his payment $250.00 per month and said he owes them $5,000.00 and wants to take another $100.00 per month out of his monthly checks. That leaves him with only $550.00 per month. He cannot pay this $5,000.00 and buy food for himself for $50.00 per month. He has to file an appeal and needs help to resolve this problem. I am 76 years old and my husband is 85 and we cannot afford to help him financially. Please respond. Thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
Please stay online
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what SS is doing but I helped several customers within the last few weeks solve this issue.
All you need do is go to SS and bring receipts showing the reduction was not proper.
I'll give you a call offer so we can have a discussion regarding this. The normal JA average additional service price is 183.00 but I charge just 5.00
My last client left me a voicemail explaining SS asked everything we had discusses and because she had the answers they were done in 5 minutes!!!
I'll offer you a telephone discussion. All you need do is accept. We'll speak as long as necessary.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
You'll also learn about a trust for when you pass to help protect your assets for him on the call.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I'll also explain what to do in the appeal on the call.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please rate my response in order that I can close this question out.
It will cost you nothing extra to do so and will help me greatly.
Thank you so very much in advance.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please rate me with an OK (at least). It costs you nothing extra and that is how I get paid.