ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I was a stay at home mom most of my life and I only receive

Customer Question

I was a stay at home mom most of my life and I only receive about $382.00/month. Is it possible to claim social security off of my husband's account?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
That depends on several factors.
Married still? Then yes. IOF he is collecting. Maybe the full spousal benefit (20%) of his or maybe a reduced percentage of the 50% (if you are age 66).
if not for at least 10 years? If not then never unless he was disabled, you are disabled, or are 60.
There are many rules that come into play and there is just not enough information here to navigate to the proper answer. More details are needed.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I just offered you a telephone call to discuss in greater detail. All you have to do is accept.
Otherwise we can go back and forth till I get the answer based on your unique situation.