ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I would like to know if I can draw from my ex-husbands SS.

Customer Question

I would like to know if I can draw from my ex-husbands SS. We were divorced in 1979 & he remarried. His wife passed away 5 yrs ago. We were married 13 plus years. I am 82. He is 76 & is currently drawing SS. I am also drawing. I think 50%of his would be more than 100% of mine. Would he still get his full SSbenefit?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
Yes. You can claim spousal benefit, This has NO effect on him.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I will offer you a call to discuss this because I think this is the easiest way to help you. I prefer a call. Often information from a call changes the original answer (based on the limited information supplied in the original question).
Additional information normally comes out in a call and I am better able to give an exact answer that applies to YOUR situation.
We will speak as long as necessary to resolve your issue. This is the minimum JA allows for additional services ($5-$500).
All you need do is accept the offer ($5) and I'll be able to share my number with you in a private screen.
I am available now.