ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

My Mother had senility Alzheimer's and lived with me

Customer Question

My Mother had senility Alzheimer's and lived with me for 9 years. I saw she received a pension from Avon because she worked as a manager for 52 years however I don't think she had it together to get her social security I never saw a check who do I find the truth out from ? I know the government want there money till the end of time and I took care of my mother 10 years feed, cleaned drove to all appointment it was all on me She had every right to her social security yet I am not sure or convinced she ever got it
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid for everything, utility's, food took her to all appointments I had NO life at all
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Even if your mother was absolutely entitled to SS they will do NOTHING retroactively. A had a woman who was 87 and could have collected 252,000 but she never knew she could get 1/2 of her spouses SS. SS agreed if she hap applied 21 years ago they would have paid her but never gave her a penny retroactively.
What also makes it worse (sharing bad news) is that sometimes people get so angry they react emotionally and rate my service as bad.
The reality is that the answer to your question is very straightforward.
I wish I was able to supply a different answer, one along the lines you were probably hoping for but the facts are the facts.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I will offer you a call to discuss this because I think this is the easiest way to help you. I prefer a call. Often information from a call changes the original answer (based on the limited information supplied in the original question).
Additional information normally comes out in a call and I am better able to give an exact answer that applies to YOUR situation.
We will speak as long as necessary to resolve your issue. This is the minimum JA allows for additional services ($5-$500).
All you need do is accept the offer ($5) and I'll be able to share my number with you in a private screen.
I am available now.