ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

My social security number has been comprised. what can or

Customer Question

my social security number has been comprised. what can or do?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
1. Contact your banks and credit card companies and alert them.
2. Contact the credit bureaus and have them "freeze your credit". This means they will not issue any accounts without calling you first to make certain kit is you.
3. Depending on how this occurred (IRS breach, Target Breach, etc.) you may also be entitled to compensation and benefits (free life lock)
.
As there are details missing (info) I will offer you a call to discuss YIOUR exact situation and what YOU need to do.
All you need do is accept the offer. I am free NOW.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Identity theft is a BIG issue and a pain in the neck to clear up.
Unfortunately nobody cares and it all falls on you. This is a horrible experience to go through.
I have had several clients who this happened to and it is a nightmare. Had they followed my advice from day one they never would have had this issue.
I will explain what to do in our call.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
If you do not require further assistance PLEASE rate this answer so I can be freed to help another person.
If you have other questions please ask now or later and I'll be happy to respond. I’ll be notified (even if I leave).
Even after you rate my response we can continue to chat here at no extra cost to you.
As I strive for quality vs. quantity, I find I can only handle a limited number of questions at a single time.