ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

On April 23, 2015 my former husband, Curtis Wayne Neiss passed

Customer Question

On April 23, 2015 my former husband, Curtis Wayne Neiss passed away. A few months ago I inquired as to whether I would be entitled to the difference in my own social security allowance and his, should he pass away. We were married 23 years. After we divorced in l978, he remarried. That wife has since passed away.
I have remained single for some forty years. How do I make application and is there a deadline date.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
There are several factors to consider . whose SS is higher yours or his?
That's the one you are entitled to.
It's as easy bas visiting a local SS office but you will need certain documents.
I'll offer you a call to explain exactly what you are entitled to and how to get it.
If you have other questions please ask now or later and I'll be happy to respond. I’ll be notified (even if I leave).
If not PLEASE rate this answer so I can be freed to help another person.
Even after you rate my response we can continue to chat here at no extra cost to you.
As I strive for quality vs. quantity, I find I can only handle a limited number of questions at a single time.
All you need do is accept the offer
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
If you do not require further assistance PLEASE rate this answer so I can be freed to help another person.