ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I am 85 years old and a local law firm, in an attempt to collect

Customer Question

I am 85 years old and a local law firm, in an attempt to collect an old bill, claims they are freezing my bank checking account. This is my only income. My attorney, who advised me they cannot touch my Social Security, has died. The bank says the fact that a judgement has been served on me that they can, indeed, freeze my account. What is the true answer? My social security office saysthey cannot.
Dorrine
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
Once you get your SS in the bank yes they can take it. In order to do so the police have to file a lien on that account. Lower that account to a small amount (cash it out) and then they can only get what is in there.
How much is the bill?
There are ways around this as well.
I'll offer you a call because I think this is the easiest way to help you. The call till be only 5.00 and we will talk for as long as necessary. All you need do is accept the offer and I'll be able to share my number with you in a private screen.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Another solution is to have as deposit to your special debit card.
That's impossible to levy on. Lol
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know that you understand. You have paid for an answer and I want to make sure you understand. I'll offer you a call so we can discuss this. It is only 5.00
Please at least let me know you understand my answer.