dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Centrelink began deducting from my pension(aged) in Jan 2014,

Customer Question

Centrelink began deducting from my pension(aged) in Jan 2014, I was being paid at a single rate and I advised I have been married to a Chinese lady. We were married in China and she has never been to Australia yet they had us living together at my residence(on their files) even though I had told them I was in China trying to save my marriage which was going pear shaped. At the time I accepted their decision as I was ignorant of the rules and regulations. I returned to Australia in August last year with chronic heart failure and with treatment and proceedures I recovered and I returned to China in March 2015 to finalise my Divorce.I have only recently been advised that I should have been treated as a single person( under SS Act 1991 sect. 24). I have paid back nearly $4300 to Centre link and they are still deducting from my pension($135) per fortnight. Am I entitled to this money back and for deductions to stop!!!
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
It is possible to make this stop. I'll need
More details so I will offer you a call. Let me know if you are interested.