ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I receive Social Security Disability from Idaho and I just

Customer Question

I receive Social Security Disability from Idaho and I just moved to California, do I registar with California?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
IF that disability was from SS then Yes. That is what you must do. You can visit a local SS office and just let them know of the address change.
If the disability was from the state of Idaho you will need to contact them to see if it will stop (I doubt it) because of your move.
There should be no reason to register in California.
I'll offer you a call to explain in greater detail and see which disability you actually receive.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know that you understand and please accept or decline my telephone offer.