ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I am in the process of legally adopting my grand daughter that

Customer Question

I am in the process of legally adopting my grand daughter that has been living with my husband and i for 90% of her life. My husband died July 2014 and we were told that the adoption has to be complete within a year of his death in order for us to receive benefits through the ssd my husband was receiving before his passing. Is this true that it is a year or is it 2 years?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
It is a one year period. I'll offer you a call to discuss