Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am 68 years old and have been receiving social security benefits

Customer Question

I am 68 years old and have been receiving social security benefits since I retired at age of 64 and 3 months. I've been working since my retirement from the mines. Black lung and other aliments have stop me from working can I file for disable social security ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today :-)
How are you doing today?
I regret to inform you that once you are over full retirement age, disability is no longer an option. You can only receive one benefit --- and, retirement is what is available in your situation.
I wish I had better new for you. Please take a moment to rate my response positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today
Thanks so much :-)