Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I need a replacement Social Security card (my was in my wallet

Customer Question

I need a replacement Social Security card (my was in my wallet when wallet was stolen).
Also, my complete full name has never been on my card.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
Please go here and follow the steps provided. You will want to fill out the form AND provide the identifying proof documents noted. TO change your name, you will have to provide the documents that show a correction is appropriate and proven as true.
http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I indicated I did not want to accept the answer as my situation is more complicated than can be answered in this manner.
Thank you.
You may wish to explain the complications before submitting the question. Here is what you put:
"I need a replacement Social Security card (my was in my wallet when wallet was stolen).
Also, my complete full name has never been on my card."
As such, as stated, it is NOT complicated and the answer is the precise answer given your question. However, I believe you were offered additional services if you wished for another question to be addressed. I believe it was for more Q&A. However, if you would prefer a private consult by phone or by email (pricing differs, obviously), let me know, and I will see if I can't get that option added.