LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I turn 65 October 19, 2015 and I was talking to by insurance

Customer Question

I turn 65 October 19, 2015 and I was talking to by insurance man and he told me to contact social security about getting my cards for medicare A and B. I am new to this and I don't really know what to do. I retired early. This October it will be 3 years I'm retired. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
When you turn 65 you will be eligible for Medicare. However, you do have to apply for Medicare to get it.
You may apply in the 6 month period surrounding your 65th birthday---three months before and three months after, So, do plan on applying for Medicare at your earliest convenience, which should be in July of this year.
Here is a link to the online application that you can fill out in July:
http://www.ssa.gov/medicare/apply.html
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug