ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I plan to retire from teaching on June 30, 2016. I will be

Customer Question

I plan to retire from teaching on June 30, 2016. I will be 63 on May 15, 2016 and plan to begin taking my SS at that time. My wife is almost four years younger, in poor health, and has not worked for several years, but she has earned benefits from previous employment. When would be the earliest that she could collect benefits and how should she file-for her own or spousal benefits, or is their a better alternative?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
At age 62 is the earliest.
She can take hers or if you have started to collect then the spousal benefit is 1/2 of yours.
As I don't know the amounts she may be better taking spousal until hers is more then she can switch.
If you would like a telephone call please let me know and I will send the offer.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
Wounded Warrior is going to receive all my earnings this month in honor of my Memorial Day and my dad being a disabled vet.
If you have further questions please ask. If this answers your question please submit at least an OK rating so I get paid and can donate the money.
Thanks.